...when you own scissors.

My little sister had left one of her old dresses at my house, it looked a lot like the dress pictured here. Really cute on her, but terrible on me - my sister is a very curvy girl, while I unfortunately am not. So after a couple of years of seeing the dress in my closet, trying it on because I remember how cute it was on my sister, and taking it off disappointed, I decided to turn it into something wearable.

You can still sorta see where I cut the tube-top off, popping out from under the belt -- what you can't see is where I cut the third ruffle off of the bottom since it was hiding under the second ruffle.

I finally got to wear my fringe hand-me-down Michael Antonio sandals that I haven't worn since before I got pregnant - over 2 and 1/2 years ago. 

 Love the little bow and beads.
 And I put the whole thing together with an orange crew-neck tee from Wet Seal.
I bought tons of these in several different colors about 5 years ago. The tee-shirt is such a basic piece of clothing but can be paired with any number of outfit choices - that's why when you find a good fitting tee, buy every color you can find!
The "clutch" was an old shoulder bag from Pac Sun, that I thought looked better without the strap.

This was a relatively simple look but fun to do. Don't be afraid to discover that a perfectly wearable piece of clothing is just a few snips away.

Comments

nik said…
Hello! I just found your blog and I think it's AMAZING! The pics are great and I can see that You really like what you do here! I love people with great ideas, like you!
Your blog is inspiring! I will follow you!
xoxo

http://nikandpic.blogspot.com/

Popular Posts